A Brief History of Derby…
Modern roller derby emerged this century from the theatrical version that was televised off-and-on from the 1960s to the late ’90s. The most popular version of the sport now is played with traditional quad skates (not inline skates) on a flat track (not a banked track), which can be set up in a gymnasium, arena, parking lot or almost any other flat surface.
The action isn’t staged. Roller derby today is a real sport with rules, strategies, athleticism and injuries. Jet City Roller Derby is a member of the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association, the sport’s international governing body. Learn more about the basics of the game on our Derby 101 page or read about the Pacific Northwest’s strong roller derby community. You can also keep up with the sport through WFTDA TV for scores, video, and other coverage.
Established in 2006 and based out of Everett, WA, JCRD is run by the skaters for the skaters.
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Our league is currently made up of three home teams that bout against each other as well as visiting teams. JCRD also has an all-star travel team, that competes in national tournaments, the Jet City Bombers.
What We Do
- Compete locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally in the sport of roller derby
- Provide education and high-intensity training to prepare our athletes for serious competition
- Have fun and believe in promoting fun!
- Support community charities
- Help empower women of all ages through athleticism and teamwork
- Commit to being positive role models to our younger fans
- Host fun off-the-track events such as music events and fundraisers
The Jet City Mission
Jet City Roller Derby provides a positive environment for training and competition in the sport of roller derby. We are a member of the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association. We strive to improve Snohomish County by developing athletes, promoting healthy lifestyles, providing community service, and partnering with local charities.
If you have question, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you!